Search This Blog

Friday, May 8, 2009

A Little Bit of Catching Up pt. 2

Okay, so since I had some down time I decided to fill you all on whats in store for the blog. First, I want to cover the Paris trip and the Madrid trip as best as I can from memory and photos and such. Second, I'm gonna upload some pics of my barrio and Sagrada Familia.

Also, to explain San Jordi's day, here ya go: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%ADa_de_Sant_Jordi. For those of us who don't read spanish or don't feel like it, here's a brief summary. This dude named Jorge killed a dragon to save this princess, so now on his death date (April 23) guys are supposed to buy girls flowers and girls are supposed to buy us books, but they don't because they claim it is too expensive (but hey, I'm not judging the double-standard) and its basically Valentine's Day in Spain. If you're good, you can get a decent bouquet for less than 3 Euro, but I was in a hurry so I got ripped off. It was kinda funny actually, I kept forgetting to bring Mama Raquel her flower for a week, so by the time I did, it was half dead, and that's being optimistic. We put some Miracle-Gro in water with the flower, but it probably needs Miracle-resurrection or something at this point.

Sant Jordi owns this dragon in the name of hot latin love

No comments:

Post a Comment