Search This Blog

Friday, May 15, 2009

Au revior Paris!: Semana Santa pt. 4

Here's the conclusion to the Paris chapter of my Semana Santa. After the night at John's friend's party, Aaron and I came down with the same cold and suffered for the rest of the trip, going through cough drops like crack. We did get some spray, which worked for Aaron, but not for me. Anyways, the cold had us beaten and worn, but we still managed to have a damn good time.
Uncle John's apartment was pretty well-located, only a block or two away from a really cool street with tons of shops and restaurants. Here's a picture of John sitting in front of the window.


Aaron and I shared the fold-out couch, which actually quite comfortable, except for the fact that I was sharing it with Aaron, who hogs the bed and the sheets. Honestly, I do the same thing, it must run in the family.
I preferred to sleep in mornings, but my coughing was so bad, it kept everyone else from enjoying the same luxury.


Uncle John gets fed up with my persistent cough and suggests an alternative remedy.

Anyways, the last full day of our trip, after the Louvre, Aaron and I ran around the metro to find Sacre Coeur. If you're interested, check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilique_du_Sacr%C3%A9-C%C5%93ur,_Paris
Don't feel like reading something else? Here's the lowdown, after the French Revolution, the ultra-conservatives and Catholics (who were targeted and attacked during the Revloution) decided to build a basilica, but support really gained popularity after the Germans beat the living crap out of the French in 1871 and another Paris commune ?uprose? I decided that for these shots, since we both got different soft drinks, we should do some product placement.

Coca-Cola, if you like what you see, there could be more of these.
Check out the view from Sacre Coeur, built on top of the tallest place in Paris.


Yeah, this was my facebook profile pic.
Afterwards, Aaron and I hit up a cafe and read our books. This was the best shot I could get.


In all respects, I really enjoyed Paris. I didn't mind that it was gray all the time, or a bit chilly every now and then. The people were pretty cool, the sights were nice, and the overall atmosphere was very "cool," and not in a bad way either. If given half a chance, I'd go back to Paris in a heartbeat. Great place. Je t'aime Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment