Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

Sevilla pt 2

And I told you this one would come real soon. I literally got tired of formatting and reformatting the damn blog so it would flow after I added pictures (which, for whatever reason, screws up the formatting of everything). I just had a nice break from writing, during which I thought about the guitar I'm getting real soon!!!
Anyways, back to Sevilla...
After Alcazar Real, we went to Sevilla Catedral, also known as Catedral de Santa Maria de la Sede (Cathedral of Saint Mary of the See). Basically, the fourth largest Christian cathedral in the world, and crazy intricate design everywhere. The catedral holds the remains of Christopher Colombus and has an altar made of pure gold where only three marriages may take place per year (and only the super rich, wealthy families get to do this). There's also some cool arches and pictures and loot in the castle. If I were an awesome thief, I would totally plan a heist there.
Here's a bunch of pics of the Catedral:
The catedral from the street

Look at that MASSIVE door!!!

Here's what remains of Colombus

Here's that altar made of solid gold...sick
Take a look at that LOOT!!!


PURE GOLD and SILVER!!!
Anyhow, after walking around the Cathedral with Alex (one of my API friends), we got separated from the tour group, so we just decided to climb up the tower (Giralda). The view from up top was amazing!!! It was about 30 something stories, and really freakin high! Along the way you could look in these little rooms at pieces of bell tower machinery or whatnot, as well as take a peek along the various windows. We couldnt get to the very top, but as high as they allow tourists (I did see one lady attempt to pick the lock so she could climb higher). Here's some pics:

Look at that view.

The bells on the bell tower.
After spending about half an hour just taking in the view, Alex and I decided to head back to the hotel, just as our tour group was making its way up the stairs. We got back, and I decided to siesta while Alex left to hang out with his buddy who lived in Sevilla. I ended up oversleeping and didnt get to hang out with the guys that night, instead I hung out with about 6 girls from API. That, is a story for another day. Anyhow, might write one more today before class, pero a ver, no? Pues, voy a pasear en la calle para encontrar una tienda de dulces y caramelos (tengo un poco de tos). Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment