Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The long anticipated ending to Carnaval Story, with PICTURES!!!

So, here's the climax. The part everybody's been waiting for. Get ready, for chaos.

After a grueling two hours or so of trapped body heat, sweat, warm drinks, and singing, we all finally disembarked at our location: Cadiz. So, here's what Cadiz is supposed to look like:
Aint that a pretty photo of Cadiz?
Here's what the streets of Cadiz usually look like...
And when we got there...
Good luck backing out! HAHAHA!
Oh Carnaval, we'll have to do this again sometime...
Utter chaos
So...let's try to piece some of the story together. Me, Alex, Max and Josue survived the train ride, and we met up with Mike and the two girls after getting off. Somehow, they had gotten on the same train. Well, the first thing I noticed was that everyone was peeing off to the side, then I heard the dull roar of debauchery in the distance. We had no idea what we were getting into. As it turns out, we have a blast, meet plenty of interesting people, and I get separted from the group. Failing to reunite with the group, I somehow manage to get jumped and robbed, then wander back to the train in a terrible mood.
Its about 7am. Our group is set to meet back in Sevilla at 11a or so to visit a Bullfighting ring. My phone battery is nearly dead, I am dead tired. I get on the train, and fall asleep standing up. I wake up some hours later in a train station, and suddenly realize its not the Sevilla train station. I had gotten off at the wrong station and slept! I found out that the next train wouldnt come for another 3 hours (it was actually four, but who is counting?) Its 12pm. I am in trouble. With four hours to kill, I basically wander around looking for a place to take a siesta in the sun, as I had managed to lose my cape, my hat, and my effects.
The program calls several times, and I have to explain to them my plan, again and again, that I am on my way, as soon as the train shows up, which it did, an hour late. When I finally get to Sevilla, I am running to the street to catch a taxi to the airport. I get there with an hour to spare, and nearly forget my coat. I tell everyone what happened, as several different people had devised various rumors surrounding my disappearance. My favorite was that I had supposedly murdered a hooker and fled the country.
In all, I guess I felt like a used towel, and empty pack of cigarettes, a chewed up pencil, whatever. I felt kinda like Cadiz must have felt like after we all threw ourselves about in ecstacy, sweating, drinking, kissing, fighting. Here's a few pictures of the carnage:
Incendiary devices and drunk people do not mix well
Ugh...imagine being the guy that cleans that mess up...
The next day, I am summoned to the API office and issued a written warning for the following:
- "Drinking to the point of making unwise decisions," we can all agree on that.
- "Failing to contact API to notify them of my situation," again, my fault, but here's my explanation:
I had failed to bring my phone charger, so my phone was half dead, and I did not want to use up all of the batteries. I had failed to put any API contact numbers in my phone, I only had a few numbers of the other participants in the excursion, which I used to establish contact. I had failed to get a police report...of what? I got robbed and beat on the head. I don't know where he is, but he probably won't be back, and hey! getting a police report was the first thing to cross my mind, after "make sure you're okay, get back to the train, and get some sleep!"
Well, in any case, I can honestly say I made mistakes that trip, the first of which was failing to reunite with the group in a new city. The second was wandering even further off. The third was not having the foresight to put the API numbers in my phone or bring my charger. Anyways, the deed was done, I got to have a fun chat with the program director, and got a written warning. Only I could manage to get myself in this much trouble.
So, that does it for the Sevilla story. Hopefully you learned a few lessons, and won't make quite as many mistakes as I had. Take care of yourself and have fun, but not that much fun. That's just not healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Next time you misplace your cell phone and don’t have anyone nearby to call it, go to Ring My Cellphone. This little site can ring your phone and help you find it in no time. No registration required, simply enter the phone number and call to ring it. Keep it ringing for as long as you need.

    ReplyDelete