Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

Noche alegre en Sevilla y bike ride

Alright, this is the VERY last blog I'm writing today. First off, I gotta write something about my night out in Sevilla.

I awoke about 3 hours after I was supposed to wake up (for the siesta) to a bunch of drunk guys outside singing very poorly. I woke up, took a shower, then walked outside the hotel room to see if I could find anyone to hang out with. As it happened, one of my API friends invited me to hang out with her and her friends, since Alex and the guys had long since left the hotel.

I go to their room and theres about six or seven API people (all girls) tellin me about how a large group of drunk soccer fans serenaded them and mooned them. We then all decided to head to this OLD bar (like three or four hundred years old) where Miguel Cervantes used to hang out. There were legs of pigs hanging from the ceiling and a medley of drink lining the walls. I got a tapa and a beer (Cruzcampo is about the only beer you can get in Sevilla). After the old bar, we went off in search of another bar because all the girls wanted to take shots. We finally agreed on this really small bar a few blocks away, and the bartender was happy to teach us malapalabras and other dirty phrases. I also learned how to drink with a Russian (which is very fun, and you might wanna try it sometime). Basically, you toast to each other, then cross arms and drink, then kiss on the lips. Very fun shot.

Afterwards we finally all got back to bed, although I stayed up and continued talking to a few people before one of the girls and I went out again. We had a great time complaining about how bad Spanish vodka is and trying to find our way back. We apparently had a better night than a few other API people, who got their camera broken, lost 20 E trying to get it back, and then one guy out of the group got punched in the face a few times.

The next day, we all got our free breakfast then went on the bike ride. I have to say, I was half and half about going back to the hotel and sleeping some more or going on the bike ride...so glad I went on the bike ride. I don't have all the pictures yet, but here are a few.

Look! Its a replica of Nao Victoria! Wouldnt that be a crappy ride across the Indian Ocean?

For some odd reason, some trashcans in Sevilla are domes with artwork on them.

Here are some photos of a palace we rode to in Sevilla. George Lucas used this palace as inspiration for his Star Wars movies (probably episodes 1-3).

You can't tell from here, but the sides are lines with pictures of all the cities and towns.
Anyways, after the bike ride, we got some tapas before getting supplies for Carnaval. That story WILL have to wait until tomorrow, because I gotta go to my History class (which isnt that interesting actually, oh well). Anyhow, more pics and stories to come, hasta luego

No comments:

Post a Comment