Search This Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sevilla and Carnaval

Wow, so much has happened since the last time. I guess its only fair to recount my adventures in Sevilla and at Carnaval. To be fair, this will probly be a two-five parter, so I can get in all the photos and such.
Last weekend, we got on the bus to go to the airport at 6am, which really sucked. After passing out in an uncomfortable position (on top of the tray table) I left the plane full of expectations.
HAHA!
Sevilla was so beautiful! The streets were lined with restaurants and costume shops and the like, and some of the architecture there blew my mind. First we visited Real Alcazar castle, which was cool because of the Arabic influence infused with Christian themes. I won't get into too much detail (I'll do that next blog) but the fountains and gardens were pretty amazing, with trees from around the world. Next we visited the Sevilla Catedral (once again, I'm leaving the details for the next blog) and climbed this huge tower to get a look at the entire city. After some sight-seeing and tapas, we finally got back to the hotel to relax and prepare for the night ahead, which is a story in itself, so wait for the next blog.

The next day we did some sightseeing on bicycles and then prepared for Carnaval. By the way, if you have seen my Carnaval costume, I'm not sure what I exactly was...some kind of Irish pirate with leis and a gun and a sword...Anyways, the train to Carnaval was a bit of an experience as well, and Carnaval rocked. Long story involved with Carnaval though, so that will have to be its own separate blog.

Anyways, I'm heading out to chill with some API friends, so hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment