Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Futbol Game

This story happened this past Friday. Mike and I and several other API people signed up for a closed-court futbol game. I get excited as this is the first time in ten years that I have played soccer, so I have high expectations for how bad I'm gonna be.

Anyways, I stick to defense because I can't control the ball very well, but after 10 minutes I realize how badly out of shape I am when the asthma kicks in and I start drawing everyone's attention by how loudly I am gasping for air. It gets so bad the directors call a half-time break and I convince Mike to trade positions so I can be goalie (portero en espanol). I actually do pretty well, except for attempts made far to one side and low. I actually pulled a muscle in my hip or something trying to stop all the goals. Anyways, we lost 6-1, but our team had more heart.

The rest of this week I have walked around like a gimp and have jokingly referred to myself as un viejo (old man). My legs, back, and sides were excruciatingly sore from all those hours of watching TV and sitting on Katie's couches. Anyhow, I made a resolution before I came to get back in shape, so far so good eh?

Anyways, I hope to play more futbol at least weekly, pero a ver, no? (but we'll see, yeah?) That's it for this post. Sorry there are no pics or vids, but I didn't think it a very good idea to bring a camera. Maybe we'll see some live action shots of my awesome goalie skills in action later. Anyways, hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment