Search This Blog

Monday, February 2, 2009

Barca Game

Here's a picture of Camp Nou


So the other Thursday, Mike and I get tickets through Marina's boyfriend (Chavi) to the Barca game. Basically we saved about 20 Euros, so having a connection like Chavi (who used to play for Barca until he got injured) is pretty sweet. I asked the family whether or not I could buy a Barca jersey, but they shook their heads and told me I would have to pay an arm and a leg at one of the merchandise booths. I might pick one up later, but maybe getting that Spanish guitar is a little more important...

Anyways, we take a bus to the stadium (called Camp Nau) and when we get off we start to ask someone where we're going, until we notice the massive migration of people. This is no UGA game, more like a GA-FLA game, with thousands of people (mostly Barca fans) flocking in by the second. So we get in and find out that our seats are right next to the Espanyol fans, and the rivalry between these two teams is so intense that riot police line this netted off section for the Espanyol fans. I find out why, because the entire game, even when they are down 3-0, they are shouting invective after invective about Barca. Their jeers arent even that good, they just sing a few songs with some or all of the following words about Barca: putamadre, mierda, joder, and maricon (motherfucker, shit, fuck, and faggot). None of the songs have anything especially thoughful or insightful or clever, their just cursewords. And you thought the GA-FLA game was bad.

Anyways, Espanyol (which isnt even that great of a team) comes back and makes the game 3-2, but Barca ends up winning and maintains its lead in the league as number one (GO BARCA!!!). I didn't actually watch the end because I went to meet up with a girl I had met, but thats another story in itself. Anyways, here are some photos and videos.



Here's me and Mike at the game





No comments:

Post a Comment